Friday, July 11, 2008

Twin Update

Just a quick update! Pictures to follow later since I forgot to scan them in today!

Today, the twins had a check up. Chris and I got to see another sneak peak at the kiddos, and it was great. Both were measuring just as expected, even to the day (11 weeks, 1 day).

Heartrates were quite a bit different -- 186 bpm, and 165 bpm. But if you were watching them, you'd see why. "Baby A" (as the sonogram labels) never would be still for a "picture". Kicking and rolling. In fact, Baby A turned upside down and sideways and kicked and put his arms up and then down the whole time. Quite active. So naturally, 186 bpm.

Baby "B" was sleeping for most of the visit but decide to wake up and turn over towards the end. This may mean a mellow kiddo and a wild one! Or just that one was napping. But it was really amazing -- now not only do they look like babies (with head torso and limbs, but you actually see the TOES, especially when they were kicking!) Itty bitty toes!

11 weeks down, 27 more to go! (38 weeks is full term for twins!)

3 comments:

Sarah and the rest of the family said...

I'm guessing (not betting) one of each. Every time we looked at heart rates, two were about 20-25 beats ahead of the other. Two boys and a girl. (Maybe it was reversed, but I think the boys were ahead.)

I am glad everything is okay. Come see us soon!
Sarah

The Bouldins said...

How fun! It does sound like one of each ... although I was convinced Dax was a girl because his heart rate always measured about the same as Julia's in the early months!

Homan House said...

Megan is sure it is a boy and a girl -- she definitely wants BOTH a sister and a brother.

Of course Megan uses the word "BOTH" all the time (frequently incorrectly) so what else could we expect. She confuses its true meaning with "ALL" (especially when she wants candy and demands both M&Ms when she wants a whole handful. She is usually irked when she gets only two)....

I guess in a month or two we will find out!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed