Friday, July 25, 2008

McDonald's

Megan has always been an avid singer, and lately her favorites have been "Old McDonald" and "Five Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed". However, the lyrics aren't quite the usual, and Megan will, in fact, correct you if you attempt to sing the version that YOU know. So the animals and sounds don't seem to quite match up.
........................................................


First, Old McDonald did NOT have a farm. He ONLY had a duck. But around the duck were all sorts of noises ("moo-moo", "neigh-neigh", occasionally a "hoot-hoot" but almost NEVER is there a "quack-quack"). So the lyrics go something like this:

Old McDonald had a DUCK
E-I-E-I-O
with a neigh-neigh here and a neigh-neigh HERE
E-I-E-I-O
Old McDonald had a DUCK
E-I-E-I-O
with a moo-moo here and a moo-moo HERE
E-I-E-I-O



.........................................................

We think this is somewhat amusing. Then, the other day on the way home, we were sitting at the light near the highway, and Megan saw McDonalds, where she loves to go play on the indoor playground. She immediately began crying "I want to go to Old McDonalds! -- I want to go to OLD McDonalds!!" Really, it was too funny!

1 comment:

Sarah and the rest of the family said...

How funny, I remember a similar situation when Will was almost 3. We were staying at the Ronald McD House in Tulsa and there is a statue of Ronald there -- red hair, yellow suit, life sized. Will asked us where all his animals were. Confused us for a minute then we realized why he sang it. When he was a little older he once sang, "... and on the farm he had chicken nuggets."
Kids!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed