Friday, December 19, 2008

No Christmas Cookies here

It is a good thing Santa will be visiting us in Amarillo, as we are short on Christmas cookies. You see, yesterday, I got industrious and decided to clean the oven. And by clean, I mean "self clean" so all you really do is press "Start" wait for the door to lock, wait five hours, and then wait for the door to unlock....and wait for the door to unlock....and I am STILL LOCKED OUT of my oven. This is insane. We have cycled power, and recleaned the oven, and still a no-go. The mechanism must be jammed because you can hear it desperately trying to open (this woke me from a dead slumber after last nights "re-clean") but it is no use.

I was annoyed and a bit irritated. So I got on the internet to do a search for how to fix it. And while I didn't find many good ideas, I wound up laughing and laughing and giggling so much that Chris came to check on me. Seems I am not the only person locked out of my oven -- there are hundreds of other people (at least on this one site) who all have similar stories. Some people claim they took the top of their stove/oven off to get the cookies out, and one poor woman still hasn't retrieved her cookies days later. Then there is the guy whose cookies won't bake right because his oven door won't SHUT (the lock stuck out while the door was open). These three are people who weren't even trying to clean their ovens, and the renegade thing just locked. Maybe it isn't all that funny to you, but after you have argued with an inanimate oven for a day, you WOULD find the humor in it!

All of this because I cleaned the oven. See if I try that again........(repairman coming tomorrow!)

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed