Wow! What a week. We are still recovering, so I will catch up this week.
The last week has been a blur. Last Saturday, we went with our friends Dave, Melissa and Annie on a great Christmas Light viewing carriage ride in Highland Park. Many of the houses were already decorated spectacularly, and then many other houses were just spectacular in themselves. We had fun, although Megan seemed the most interested in the horses. Since we were in the carriage, we really didn't have the *best* view of the horses if you know what I mean, but Megan didn't know or mind. She had a blast, and has since been wearing the cool jingle bell headband that her friend Annie gave her that night -- thanks Annie! I promise to find pictures soon!
And then Monday we started feeling badly, and Megan and I got sick. By Friday, her doctor diagnosed the poor kid with pneumonia, so we are just getting back around to feeling a little better, although with the bouts of coughing, we do sound a little like death warmed over.
As sick as she was, she did manage to get into my craft stuff and get glitter EVERYWHERE. Despite my best attempts to clean it, our whole house sort of sparkles right now. It would be kind of festive if I hadn't already tried to clean it up twice!
In part of the downtime, we have gotten back into photoshop trying to learn a little. I built this blog background among a few other experiments, although I can't tell how it looks on smaller monitors. So if anyone is interested in being my guinea pig, let me know as I am having a little fun experimenting with ideas.
I have a few fun pictures from the week, that I will sort through this week. Me and my prescription cough medicine (yea for drugs!) are now headed off to bed...
: ) AL
13 years ago


1 comment:
OOOhhh!! Glitter everywhere. I read an article that that is a good way to teach kids how germs spread and why they should wash their hands when they are sick. With glitter on hands, open door knobs, touch coffee tables, etc. then the glitter sticks like germs do until someone else touches the same spot and they get the "germs" on their hands. Seems like a great lesson, but I hate glitter everytwhere and haven't tried it.
Post a Comment