Sunday, November 23, 2008

Santa Claus did what?!?

Greetings!

First, I must say that the three-year old birthday party went well. Megan had a blast, and talked about until she fell asleep. Pictures will be posted after her "actual" birthday on Tuesday. She liked the birthday so much that she suggested that we have another one next week. Maybe next YEAR, but next week seems a little quick, as we are still recovering from getting everything ready and then cleaning (MOST) everything up! To those of you who joined us, thanks for sharing Megan's special day with us! She went through the guest list for weeks, and then went over who all attended for the last day. So she was appreciative in her own special way!

Tonight though, Megan just cracked us up at dinner. I got out a can of coke and was drinking some. Megan asked me why it was different. I had just bought a new 12-pack, and sure enough, these were now the "Holiday Coca Cola" cans with Santa Claus. I hadn't even noticed yet.

I was a bit impressed that she noticed this detail so readily. Again she asked "why is it different?". I told her that since Christmas was coming, they had the new holiday cans. Then she asked "Why is Santa drinking a BEER?" ......."Huh?" ......"Why is Santa drinking a Beer?"....."Oh, that is a coke"...."No -- that is a beer!" I suppose that all of Megan's life, she has never seen coke in a bottle -- it is always in a can! BUT we DO have beverages at our house that come in bottles, so it was an honest thought process! After a few more bits of discussion, we convinced her that it was a bottle of Coke, but Chris and I both thought it was REALLY FUNNY!

Maybe I should pitch this as a new ad campaign somewhere?

1 comment:

The Bouldins said...

hahahahahahaha ... i bet the coke people would be a little dismayed at how their carefully crafted Christmas cans (alliteration!) are being perceived by the younger set. :) i love it!

like the under armour commercials that have the athletes looking at the camera and saying "click.clack." very seriously. in our family we always add the "MOOOOOOO!" not what the execs intended, i'm sure.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed