Sunday, June 27, 2010

Songs by Request

Today we had a bit of a funny dinner. Megan had a birthday party for two of her friends, and afterwards they invited us to dinner. Dinner was at Traildust, a real Texan looking place. It is a steak place, they make a big production of cutting the tie off of anyone who comes there overdressed, and all of the staff wear full western wear - hats, shirts, boots, etc.

Tonight from 6-8 there was even live music. Megan and Gwyneth were on the dance floor dancing a bit while we waited for our food. They went to Dance camp a week ago (theme was princess camp) and so they were practicing some of their fun dances. Next thing I know, Megan has gone up to the guitarist at the song end and asked something, then come back to the table.

She told us that she asked for a song (not even sure why this occurred to her!)
One song later, the nice guy (who earned his tips) obliged them and played his (rather rough - quite unpracticed) rendition of "UNDER THE SEA!"

I was almost literally rolling on the floor, as were other members of our table. The poor guy looked miserable singing it, but in fairness his family was there, and his two year old liked it too!

But it was a sight and an amusing step out from the other country music flare...

2 comments:

The Bouldins said...

No video? Next time have Megan warn you before she does something so hilarious :)

Homan House said...

I didn't even have a camera with me. Such a shame. I wouldn't have been able to even hold the camera steady I was laughing so hard.

Kid has some spontaneity in her - she must get that from somewhere [grin!]

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed