Funny Story. We went to lunch down in the quarter on Saturday. I was looking at the menu, trying to decide what to drink. The guy gave Megan a list, and she chose lemonade. Then he told me "We have peach tea, raspberry tea, pomegranate tea..." I think he would have continued, but I said - "Pomegranate tea sounds nice".
Then my tea arrived (here in the photo, with Megan's pink lemonade on the right). I took a sip. I took a second sip and thought it tasted a little different.
At third sip, I realized the "different" was VODKA. Ummm, hello I didn't know I was ordering an alcoholic beverage at the time. The guy came back and I asked for some "regular" tea as well. He looked at me like I was a bit silly for NOT knowing that OF COURSE the pomegranate tea has vodka in it.
Really, only in the French Quarter would I need to order tea and specify to "hold the alcohol!"
FUNNY TIDBIT to add. I can't spell pomegranate apparently. So when the spell check caught that, I guess I clicked the wrong choice. This whole story was about POMERANIAN TEA for just a bit today. Ewwww!
13 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment