Chris and I have had more than a few discussions that we seem to have a lawyer in the making. It just seems that if we discuss a rule, we have to be very clear on all the variations of said rule. Otherwise, Megan can find the one avenue we haven't really forbidden, somehow sticking to the letter of the law, if not the spirit of the law.
Today, the unfortunate victim of that was our dog Zoey. Zoey is a great great great dog. She gets climbed on, pulled on, and generally tormented, but hardly ever even whines. This morning, she was asleep and Megan jumped on her, and a very startled Zoey did nothing more than bark at her sudden menace. Megan cried for 20 minutes, and kept telling me that Zoey hurt her feelings. She is also a sensitive soul.
So back to the lawyer. You all might recall about 6 months ago, when are little darling cut her own hair (and you know how little hair she has ever had). Right before school pictures too. And before my sister's wedding where she was the flower girl.
At least ONCE a WEEK we still discuss this incident, usually when I am frustratedly trying to get that now odd length spot of hair on her head to try to fit into the ponytail, or at least not stick up.
She says -- "I know, I'm sorry Momma." or "I won't cut my hair" "I promise -- I know I am NOT supposed to cut my hair." We discuss this rule frequently, and she has indicated perfect understanding.
Yet today, when I found several sections of HAIR ON THE FLOOR and I looked at my child -- she told me, with no shame -- "It's okay Momma, I just cut Zoey's hair"
Our poor puppy dog. I guess we need to have the dog hair discussion too! Better not leave out the cat either, for good measure!
13 years ago


1 comment:
Oh no! Sandra Ruth went through that phase, too. Cut the cats' hair, dolls, her own... :)
Post a Comment