Saturday, January 31, 2009

Dinner time humor...

So tonight, we had king crab legs for dinner. Since we don't eat this much (I don't like seafood at all) we were not really outfitted for the meal. We don't have anything proper to crack the crab legs. Ok, in fairness, we don't have any kitchen items proper to crack the crab legs with, and we just couldn't find the pliers either. So this evolved into Chris hitting them with the handle of a butter knife until they were bludgeoned open [mostly] -- and Megan learning this process. Then Chris graduated to a hammer for a small stubborn section of crab leg.

I was able to capture a brief bit on video, which I will upload later because I am just too tired to go find my camera and deal with that right now! But I did want to capture a bit of the dinner humor.

Megan got herself a pretend hammer and was helping to "hammer" with Daddy (or on his arm). The conversation went something like this:

Chris, AnnaLisa & Megan at dinner

Bang bang bang
Megan, what are you doing?
I'm hammering Daddy. I'm hammering you.

Ok, be careful.
Wait, I have to get my [pretend] screwdriver....

click click [hand movements of a turning screwdriver]
Megan, what are you doing?
I'm screwing you Daddy.

[gulp] cough cough [hide that you are laughing]
careful, Megan....

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed