Sunday, August 10, 2008

Where's my camera when I need it?

I mean -- really! For those of you who know our house, we have ridiculous volume of cameras and camera equipment, yet today I missed three adorable pictures. Twice I went for the camera, and Megan got wise and quit. So since they were so cute, I will leave this to your imagination, and then work at doing better this week at capturing a few on camera.

Photo 1: resembles a photo up top in the header, just age Megan forward one year. We went to the craft store yesterday to pick up some goodies, and I got face paint (grease pencil type). So today, for fun, she got a red nose and whiskers. Daddy told her what a cute cat she made, and then for the next two hours, she said little other than "Meow". We went to the store, and she meowed for people admiring her "cuteness." She INSISTED that I redirect the rearview mirror in the car so that she could see herself, and preened and meowed at herself all the way home!



Photo 2: Absolutely hysterical. Chris saw this, and came and got me, and I almost fell over laughing. But some camera issues (wrong lens, etc) took precious time to change, and I missed the photo op. Megan was going potty on her little girl potty. I have included a sample image from the Boon Website of what the potty looks like. Note: this isn't Megan though. This little girl has WAY more hair than Megan!



So Chris went to go check on her, and then came and told me I had to go see. She was perched on her potty, sitting just about like the girl in the ad above. However, she had in her lap a magazine (I think it was a digital photo magazine, not sure -- but definitely one of ours) and she was sitting on the potty reading a magazine! She stayed perched there for a little while just turning pages (really until she caught me trying to get her picture!) before she declared that she was, in fact, "done!" Everyone always says she looks like her Daddy! [grin]

Photo 3: really more of a VIDEO OP that I missed. Megan and were watching women's gymnastics tonight. Since she has been going to gymnastics now once a week, she was very interested. She would watch and even once told me that was her on screen. Then she said she couldn't do that until she got "older." In the middle of this, there was a funny gymnastics commercial that came on for 24-HOUR FITNESS -- I couldn't link the video directly, but if you click on the link here it is the "24 fitness TV 3" link at the bottom right. Basically it is a play on the gymnastics finish where you throw your hands in the air.


As soon as she saw the commercial, Megan began hopping and throwing her hands in the air like a little gymnast. For some added effect, she did a few sit bounces on the couch, and then threw in a few "ta-da!"s for flair. I was laughing again. But here there wasn't much of a chance to get the video camera out.

2 comments:

The Bouldins said...

Hee. The only way we can convince Julia to sit on the potty for longer than two seconds is to give her a book to read. She's a lot like her mama :)

I laughed at your descriptions, but I also wish you could have snagged your camera because I'd love to see the visual evidence!

Sarah and the rest of the family said...

Yes, I can picture the scenarios. It's probably better that you didn't get the potty picture anyway -- she'd be mad about it someday.

You've inspired me to blog our little Olympians too. I think I'll keep our camera nearby and see if I can capture our balance beam and tumbling events (but that means I don't get to scold them till after I get the photo).

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed