Thursday, August 12, 2010

Megan swim lessons


Megan swim lessons 1, originally uploaded by homanhouse.

A few weeks back, Megan participated in two weeks of swim lessons. The lessons were from the YMCA as part of their "bring your own pool" lessons. For a set fee, they provide an instructor and lifeguard for 2 weeks of lessons, 45 min / day.

Overall, these have been the best swim lessons she has had. We have done lessons at the "Y" before (ok, but sometimes crowded), lessons at our fitness club and pool (Lifetime -- which I can only say were quite awful!) and now these lessons. I must say they were quite affordable for the great format. She had a friend coordinating this and her friend had a pool, and she graciously shared her pool, and let the kids stay several days to have lunch n swim parties afterwards! Megan had a blast.

I'd say these were affordable lessons, but they might have gotten a bit expensive where we really got pool envy. We always thought our yard too small, but this yard was about the same size and beautifully landscaped with the pool and hot tub too! It was a SALT water pool, and the water was quite comfortable! (I got to participate in a few lunch and swims as well!)

In the end, Megan is still a timid swimmer, but is so much more comfortable now, and puts her face in the water easily (and now at every bathing opportunity too!) Great job Megan!

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed