Sunday, August 16, 2009

The stuff you learn!

Sometimes Chris and I sit and giggle at the things that you have to learn growing up. Falling off of a bed, for example. I sleep all night in a king size bed or a super single cot, and of course, I don't fall off. But I have definite memories of frequently rolling off the bed and smashing my head as a kid. It is one of those "life learnings".

Today, we found a new one in the car on the way home from Amarillo. Megan got cranky about half way. She didn't like her movie, wanted a different one (and a different one...and a different one). She was pouty, grumpy and generally a 3-yr old grouch. After about 20 minutes she started yelling in a frustrated manner about something. I asked her what, and she said (irritatedly) "MY EYES KEEP CLOSING!!!"

I explained that she was tired, and just needed to rest, and she said "I don't want to take a nap!" Then again, the frustrated "Aarrgh! My eyes keep closing!!"

"Megan" I said, "When you get really tired, sometimes your eyes close. You will feel much better if you turn off the movie and take a nap." She pondered this, turned off the movie player, and 30-seconds later was asleep.

So THAT'S WHY my eyes start to close, huh? I guess I, too, learned that at some point in life!

What are the other "life lessons"?

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed